Placement Services Center
- Parker Aerospace Hiring Fair
- Tue. May 22, 2018
- 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- 1425 W 2675 N Ogden
- HAFB Informational Workshop
- Fri. Jun 1, 2018
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Clearfield Employment Center
- Standard Examiner Career Fair
- Thu. Oct 4, 2018
- 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Davis Technical College
Placement Services Center offers career planning, training, prep, and placement to become
successful in life. With access to a growing database of employers, it is a great resource
that matches students with employers even in the "hidden" job market.
The computers are available to students for anything job search
related which includes access to resume software. The computers are also
available to students for school related use.
In 2017 Davis Technical College assisted 5,124 students with 88% of those obtaining jobs. This was achieved through a coordinated effort of Placement Services, Instructors, and over 800 employers. Placement Services is key in Job Placement by setting up On-Site Recruitments, Lunch and Learns, Classroom visits. We also provide 1-on-1 resume assistance, mock interviews and job readiness training. Placement Services Center is available to fascilitate workshops on Networking, Interviewing, and Resume Writing. Email our Job Placement/Public Relations Specialist for more information.
- Ready to change your life?
- At Davis Technical College, we want you to get the most from your training, so when you complete your education you will have the best success at finding employment. That's why job placement services are available—to help you put your skills to work.
- Let's work together
- It is ultimately up to you to put in the effort to find employment. However, we are here to help and can offer services and resources to help graduates find employment.
- Job Placement Services
- Job Placement Services are available to students who are preparing to graduate and for six months following graduation. Services include:
- Resume review and interview preparation
- Job matching
- Employers will be sent your resume and cover letter as jobs are received similar to your qualifications.
- Additional Resources
- Student Job Board
- Register with Online Job Search Databases
- Explore Temporary Employment Agencies
- A great way to gain experience, earn income, and secure a long—career. Our Job Placement Specialist can provide you with a list of recommended parterns.
- Useful to find jobs as well as to let people know you are looking! The more people who know you are looking, the better chance of finding employment.
- Locate Internships/Externships
- Ask for Jobs
- Online Job Search Databases
- Many agencies provide further help in finding employment. Take the time to register with these organizations:
- Department of Workforce Services
- LDS Employment Resource Services
- LinkedIn click "jobs"
- Utah State Jobs
- Federal Jobs
- Online resources: monster.com, simplyhired.com, careerbuilder.com, indeed.com, unionjobs.com, aftercollege.com, ziprecruiter.com